Aging comes with mobility issues, pain, discomfort, and other nuisances. Luckily, technology is here to improve our lives and make day-to-day chores less stressful, safer, and more comfortable. When it comes to senior-friendly appliances to help you with cleaning, cooking, washing, etc., you have a wide range of opportunities to consider. Let’s see how to pick such devices and appliances to allow yourself to enjoy the golden years with no stress.
1. Friendly Vacuum Cleaners
Cleaning your home becomes harder and harder as we age. Vacuuming, in particular, is a strenuous activity. All the bending, heavy machinery carrying and lifting, stair climbing, etc. can take a considerable toll on our health and safety. You have, however, a few options when it comes to modern vacuums.
Upright, cordless, and bagless vacuums are lightweight, easy to maneuver, clean, and store. Pick a cordless model, so you don’t have to worry about tripping on the cord. Besides, for smoother cleaning operations that do not require physical effort, pick a vacuum cleaner that transitions with ease from carpets to hard floors.
Another choice at your disposal is a simple and convertible vacuum cleaner that acts as a 3-in-1 device. You can use it as a stick vacuum for all types of floors, convert it to a stair cleaning solution, or turn it into a handheld vacuum for upholstered furniture and other surfaces. Convertible vacuum cleaners are lightweight, provide reliable suction power, and adapt to all your dusting and cleaning needs.
Seniors who have mobility and lifting restrictions can also consider a robot vacuum cleaner that does the job by itself. In comparison to conventional vacuums, a robot’s suction power is lower, but it is a useful tool for frequent home maintenance.For more in-depth review, please visit: vacuumpicker.com/vacuum-cleaners-for-elderly.
2. Time-Saving Microwave Ovens
As senior-friendly home improvement investments go, microwave ovens are the ideal choice when you want to heat up and defrost food, cook pre-prepared microwave soups and meals, prep some hot drinks, teas, etc.
While microwave ovens got their fair share of controversy in the past, like almost all new emerging technologies, there are few doubts about them now. Microwave heating and cooking is a safe, efficient, and healthy method to prepare quick meals and enjoy nutritious dishes in a spec of time.
For seniors, microwave ovens make an incredible investment for the following reasons:
- Automatic shut-off to prevent cooking accidents, fires, spills, burns, etc.;
- If you choose a microwave oven with an easy-to-use control panel and pre-programmed timer buttons, you will enjoy a quick and comfortable meal preparation experience in complete safety;
- Due to their compact size, door opening versatility (to the right or the left), and portability, you can install them in your kitchen, so you do not have to bend low, strain your body, or reach high to handle the food.
Whenever you choose to place your microwave, make sure you leave enough space on a table, shelf, or countertop to place the hot food on a safe surface immediately.
Other Senior-Friendly Kitchen Appliances to Consider
Here are some other ideas regarding senior-friendly, time-saving, and health-preserving kitchen appliances:
- Smart stoves with automatic shut-off functions and warning lights for seniors to see better and avoid touching the machine when it is too hot;
- Portable dishwashers you can place on the countertop and thus spare seniors with arthritis and other mobility issues to wash dishes by hand;
- Senior-friendly refrigerators and freezers with improved accessibility, LED lighting, temperature control, and display, etc.
- Safety jar openers and can openers to prevent muscle straining and accidents;
3. Comfortable Tankless Water Heater
A senior-friendly bathroom welcomes plenty of modifications, revamps, accessorizing, and redesigns. However, among non-slip mats, shower seats, toilet safety rails, and plenty of light fixtures, a tankless water heater can do a world of good. It provides anyone with hot water on demand, preventing waiting times for the water to warm and thus putting a stop to wasting water. While it may seem expensive as an investment, a tankless water heater saves money in the long run, not to mention it brings efficiency and wellbeing in every home.
Before you get such appliance, make sure it is energy efficient and a plumber can install it in your home without troubles.
Modern tech allows us to choose from a wide range of senior-friendly appliances and aids to provide our elders with coziness, safety, and healthy lifestyles. Pick the devices that meet your particular needs and make some smart home improvements to counteract the nuisances of aging in the comfort of your home.
Senior Outlook Today is your go-to source for information, inspiration, and connection as you navigate the later years of life. Our team of experts and writers is dedicated to providing relevant and engaging content for seniors, covering topics such as health and wellness, finances, technology and travel.