Senior Outlook Today welcomes submissions of bylined articles, opinion pieces, product reviews, and event listings. Below you will find a basic guideline on how to submit your bylined article. If you have any questions, please email our managing editor. Our guest experts and staff writers cover a range of topics of interest to seniors. Our aim is to meet the diverse, personal needs of our readers by delivering relevant information on relationships, education, careers, retirement, health, humor, money management, nutrition, online resources, self-improvement, travel, and more. All ideas will be reviewed by the Senior Outlook Today editorial team and a staff member will be in contact to discuss our production expectations if we wish to move forward.
Bylined Article Checklist
- Bylined articles should be 700 words or less, and is one that expresses the knowledge and insights of the author. Be educational and informative, and update our readers with the latest trends as they apply to the baby boomer market. By writing an article, you’re sharing your expertise with our audience, and information sharing is what this digital magazine is all about.
- The article should be information-based and should not mention the name of the author’s company or products directly. Your company and its website will be mentioned in a byline identification that appears at the end of the article.
- Bylined articles should be sent as a Word (PC) or Pages (Mac) document and written in the third-person, unless the submission is an opinion piece approved by the editor.
- Include a suggested title for the article and the author’s byline.
- Add a short bio (50 words or less) of the author, including name, title, position, office location, and company website. You may also submit a digital headshot photo (72 dpi) of the author.
- Contributors are welcome to provide any accompanying photos or artwork to complement the article. Color is preferable, but black and white is acceptable.
- Do not include footnotes or endnotes. Any appropriate references should be incorporated into the narrative of the article itself.
- After the work has been published you may use, reproduce, and adapt the work for any purpose. You retain all rights.
Promote Your Events
- Send time, date, topic, location, contact information, and other relevant information for events our baby boomer audience would be interested in.
- Since we publish news 24/7, we accept submissions on a rolling basis and try to post your news within one week of receiving it.
- Health & Fitness
- Weight Loss
- Caring for Aging Parents
- Valentine’s Day Gift Guide
- Tax Guide
- Financial Planning
- Reverse Mortgages
- Home & Garden Gift Guide
- Housing: Assisted Living, In-Home Care, Real Estate
- Affordable Housing
- Mothers’ Day Guide
- Family Relations/Communication
- Summer Travel Guide
- Travel and Entertainment
- Fathers’ Day Guide
- Crime Prevention
- Senior Destinations
- Certified Services for Seniors:
- Continuing Education
- Health Care
- Long-term Care
- Senior Fitness Guide: Gyms
- Health & Fitness
- Weight Loss
- Mental Health
- Computer Information and Education
- Holiday Gift Guide
- Re-Creating And Updating Traditions
- Leaving Legacies