Senior Outlook Today welcomes submissions of bylined articles, opinion pieces, product reviews, and event listings. Below you will find a basic guideline on how to submit your bylined article. If you have any questions, please email our managing editor.
Our guest experts cover a range of topics of interest to seniors. Our aim is to meet the diverse, personal needs of our readers by delivering relevant information on relationships, education, careers, retirement, health, humor, money management, nutrition, online resources, self-improvement, travel, and more.
All ideas will be reviewed by the Senior Outlook Today editorial team and a staff member will be in contact to discuss our production expectations if we wish to move forward.
If you’re interested in advertising with us for better visibility of your articles, you can visit our Advertising page for more details.
Bylined Article Checklist
- You can add links in your article, however, they are converted to no-follow links
- Bylined articles should be 600 words or more, and is one that expresses the knowledge and insights of the author. Be educational and informative, and update our readers with the latest trends as they apply to the baby boomer market. By writing an article, you’re sharing your expertise with our audience, and information sharing is what this digital magazine is all about.
- The article should be information-based and should not mention the name of the author’s company or products directly. Your company may be mentioned in a byline identification that appears at the end of the article.
- Bylined articles should be sent as a Word (PC) or Pages (Mac) document and written in the third-person, unless the submission is an opinion piece approved by the editor.
- Include a suggested title for the article
- Add a short bio (50 words or less) of the author, including name, title, position, office location, and company. You may also submit a digital headshot photo (72 dpi) of the author.
- Contributors are welcome to provide any accompanying photos or artwork to complement the article. Color is preferable, but black and white is acceptable.
- Do not include footnotes or endnotes. Any appropriate references should be incorporated into the narrative of the article itself.
- After the work has been published you may use, reproduce, and adapt the work for any purpose. You retain all rights.
Sponsored posts, which can include articles, company news, press releases, videos, interviews and other newsworthy stories about your company, allow you to take advantage of cost-effective content-based marketing.
Remember, if you deliver consistent, valuable information to your potential audience, they will ultimately reward you with their business.
Well-crafted content offers your business long-term search value and brand recognition, and since our site is well-ranked and well-established, your sponsored post has the potential to work for you for a long time.
For all sponsored content, payment is required before content goes live. Links in the sponsored article will be do-follow, live, and connected to your site or landing page. If you need a writer to produce the content, our team can help you. You can find our sponsored blog post rates here.
Promote Your Events
- Send time, date, topic, location, contact information, and other relevant information for events our baby boomer audience would be interested in.
- Since we publish news 24/7, we accept submissions on a rolling basis and try to post your news within one week of receiving it.
- Health & Fitness
- Weight Loss
- Caring for Aging Parents
- Valentine’s Day Gift Guide
- Tax Guide
- Financial Planning
- Reverse Mortgages
- Home & Garden Gift Guide
- Housing: Assisted Living, In-Home Care, Real Estate
- Affordable Housing
- Mothers’ Day Guide
- Family Relations/Communication
- Summer Travel Guide
- Travel and Entertainment
- Fathers’ Day Guide
- Crime Prevention
- Senior Destinations
- Certified Services for Seniors:
- Continuing Education
- Health Care
- Long-term Care
- Senior Fitness Guide: Gyms
- Health & Fitness
- Weight Loss
- Mental Health
- Computer Information and Education
- Holiday Gift Guide
- Re-Creating And Updating Traditions
- Leaving Legacies