Umbra is a Toronto-based homeware design company born over 30 years ago when graphic designer, Paul Rowan, couldn’t find a nice window shade to hang in his apartment window. So, he made one and people liked it. He soon teamed up with childhood friend, Les Mandelbaum, and Umbra (in Latin, “shade”) was born. Les and Paul began reimagining everyday items into modern ware.
Today, Umbra is recognized all over the world for bringing intelligent design to everyday items. An in-house team of international designers allows them to come up with original design that speaks universally and personally to a broad customer base. Below are some gift ideas for your mom this Mother’s Day:
- Umbra’s TRIGG Wall Vessels come in two sizes: one large at $25.00; a set of 2 smaller ones at $30.00.
- Umbra’s PRISMA Multi-photo Display (one of several versions) is $30.00.
- Umbra’s PRISMA Accessory Organizer is $15.00.
- Umbra’s PENDANT Square Scarf Hanger is also $15.00.
“Think Board.” provides a new thinking space. It is a clear adhesive that can turn any surface into a dry erase board, whether a desk, door or wall.
It is literally just a blank dry erase surface, but it is incredibly helpful with organization and reminders. For business owners, managers and students, there is an incredible amount of information to juggle, and while the first thought is to write them on your phone, a better solution is write them all over your walls. For example, in one glance you can see:
- A calendar of your upcoming events;
- A list of what needs to get done in the next day or two;
- A reminder to take your daily supplements;
- What needs to get picked up at the grocery store;
and so on…
Grads of all ages could benefit by using Think Board, because it is essentially a huge reminder board, and can be placed ANYWHERE (on a smooth surface)!