There are over 85 million mothers in the United States and they work tirelessly to take care of their children, significant others and their extended family. This Mother’s Day, renowned Celebrity Chef Shehu Fitzgerald – featured on ABC’s “The Taste” and The Food Network’s “Chopped”- will help you honor your Mom on her special day with a home-cooked meal she will truly remember.
“I came from a big family, and learned at an early age that my mother truly appreciated the little things being done for her by the people she loves most in the world,” said New York City native Chef Shehu Fitzgerald. “This May 10th, spend some quality time making meaningful Mother’s Day gifts—from a family brunch to homemade presents – to help her feel loved and celebrated.”
Here are creative, yet cost-effective, Mother’s Day gift ideas:
- Get Cookin’ – Chef Shehu Fitzgerald will make it easy for you to cook a fantastic gourmet meal in less than an hour for your mom. Since most moms are early risers, he recommends preparing a brunch menu.
- Make a “Mom”-osa on Her Special Day – Toast the lady of the day with a festive cocktail that pairs nicely with her meal. Click here for Chef Shehu’s special “Mom”-osa recipe.
- Give Mom Some Flowers – Purchase a few “seasonal flowers” as they tend to be less expensive than traditional roses. Some in-season May flowers include Peonies, Cornflowers, Gerbera Daisies and Paper Whites. You can make a lovely flower vase for mom by decorating a tall drinking glass with a band of ribbon.
- Clean Up – Most moms would love a day off from the daily household chores such as washing dishes, doing laundry and vacuuming the house. This Mother’s Day, get the family up early and surprise her with a spotless abode.
- Capture the Moment – Take a picture of the family enjoying brunch together and print the image on inkjet or laser photo paper. Present this photo of the moment to your mom later that day in a nice frame.
Chef Shehu has posted sweet and savory breakfast ideas – such as Seared Tuna Salad with Potatoes, Green Beans, Tomatoes and Lemon Herb Dressing paired with Eggs Benedict – on his Website, chefshehu.com. He will be also post additional recipes and drink ideas so be sure to check his Website often.
About Chef Shehu Fitzgerald
Shehu Fitzgerald is a New York City-based, nationally renowned chef who is known for creating enticing variations of classic American, Asian, Latin,
French, Italian and Caribbean cuisine. As a result of his extensive intercontinental culinary training and 20 years of work experience at acclaimed resorts, Chef Shehu has been able to take some of the world’s favorite recipes and infuse them with exciting new flavors. His talents were showcased on the Food Network’s highly popular “Chopped” program, where he won the show’s national competition. Chef Shehu has also recently appeared on “The Taste,” an American cooking-themed reality competition series on the ABC TV network. In 2014, Chef Shehu launched Chef Shehu’s Spice Blends(tm), which is a must-have addition for any home or commercial kitchen. These products enhance the flavor of any recipe, including meats, vegetables and side dishes. There are currently six spices in his line – #21, #107, #709, #35, #49 and #7 – and they are all currently available for purchase at chefshehu.com. Chef Shehu’s Spice Blends(tm) will also launch in the retail market in Summer, 2015.