For the holidays, everyone deserves a luxury chocolate experience: Ethel M Chocolates. These exceptional, gourmet confections — made without preservatives — hold true to the 100-year-old recipes that Ethel Mars once made for family and friends in the early 1900’s.
Here are few gift options for your consideration for holiday gift guide or holiday entertaining stories:
· For that special guy on the list: The sweet and savory Classic and Chocolate-covered Pecan Brittle ($35) offers a softer crunch, thanks to a secret recipe and hand-picked pecans. Ethel M® signature brittle has a delicious buttery taste, is created with just a few ingredients and is handcrafted in small batches.
· For the chocolate lover on your list : Open the Holiday Deluxe Collection ($24) and start a tradition with a delicious variety of the best of Ethel M® Chocolates. Each 34-piece box includes new limited edition holiday flavors, each enrobed in rich chocolate: Peppermint Silk, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie and Egg Nog. The collection also features creamy caramels, Almond Crunch and Satin Crèmes®.
· For moms and mother-in-laws: They will appreciate this recipe handed down for generations, as the 16-piece Satin Crèmes® Collection ($28) is made with real cream and stirred by hand. The buttery fillings are flavored with fresh raspberries, vanilla, chocolate and lemon, and then drenched in premium chocolate.
If the “Mars” name sounds familiar, here’s why: the founder of Ethel M Chocolates www.EthelM.com, Forrest Mars, Sr., also helped establish the world-renowned Mars, Incorporated with his father, Frank Mars. In the 1920s, the pair created MILKY WAY® Bar, and the rest is history. Other Mars Chocolate brands include M&M’S® Brand Candies, SNICKERS® Bar and DOVE® Chocolate.
Nielsen-Massey, a third generation, family owned and operated company, introduced a few months ago the first Fairtrade certified organic vanilla extract from the Madagascar Bourbon region. U.S. Fairtrade certification helps small-scale farmers in developing countries receive a fair price for their crops; it also ensures sustainable farming practices. This product joins Nielsen-Massey’s family of the finest vanilla products and flavor extracts including:
- Vanilla Beans and Extracts from Madagascar, Tahiti and Mexico
- Sugar and alcohol-free Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Powder
- Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste
- Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
- Organic Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Beans
- Pure Chocolate, Almond, Orange, Lemon, Coffee, and Peppermint Extracts
- Orange Blossom Water
- Rose Water
Nielsen-Massey vanilla beans are hand-picked for perfection and go through an exclusive cold extraction process, which slowly, gently draws the delicate, distinctive flavor from the vanilla beans. All of Nielsen-Massey’s products are All-Natural, Allergen-Free, GMO-Free, and certified Kosher and Gluten-Free.
The holiday season is that time of year when the inner child in everyone comes alive. This year, PEEPS® marshmallow candies have made the season even sweeter with the launch of festive new flavors and shapes just in time for the season of giving. So whether you’re stuffing stockings, putting the finishing touches on a colorful holiday recipe, looking for the perfect adornment for a holiday craft or doing a little gift-giving for yourself, PEEPS® will surely bring a smile to the season.
PEEPS® holiday offerings include:
- New Sugar-Cookie Flavored Marshmallow Chicks Dipped in Milk Chocolate (3 ct)
- Gingerbread Flavored Gingerbread Men (6 ct and New 3 ct)
- Chocolate Dipped Candy Cane Flavored Marshmallow Chicks (3 ct)
- Chocolate (milk or dark) Covered Mint Flavored Marshmallow Trees (individually wrapped)
- Chocolate Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Reindeer (6 ct)
- Trees (3 and 9 ct)
- Snowmen (3 and 9 ct)
- Peppermint Flavored Marshmallow Stars (9 ct)
- Christmas Rainbow Pop (4 ct)
These celebratory treats can be found nationwide at grocery and drug stores, PEEPS & Company retail stores or at www.marshmallowpeeps.com.
Looking for the perfect gift for the cook in your life? What about a basket of Outer Spice?
Outer Spice is a new company that creates four highly versatile new low salt and no salt seasoning blends made from the finest, quality ingredients and hand sourced from around the world. The blends are all-natural, gluten-free, rich in anti-oxidants and contain no MSG. Each spice is finely ground by a family-owned artisanal spice company in Austin, and packaged the same day to ensure freshness and quality.
The well-balanced spice solutions transform and improve the taste of every dish, whether you’re a chef, foodie or don’t enjoy cooking. Outer Spice makes cooking, fun, easy, healthy and delicious.
Consumers can purchase all four in a hand-selected holiday gift box or buy one for $6.99 each as a stocking stuffer at http://outerspiceit.com or select Whole Food Markets.
Pennsylvania General Store
Specialty food items from the Pennsylvania General Store are all made here in Pennsylvania!
Since 1987 at their location in Philadelphia’s historic Reading Terminal Market, Pennsylvania General Store has provided the best of Pennsylvania specialty foods, confections and crafts to city residents and visitors. (The store ships individual items and gift baskets worldwide, including more than 4 tons of chocolate-covered pretzels alone during the holiday season!)
Pennsylvania is known for its Amish foods, such as apple butter and scrapple, and Philly is known for its pretzels and Tastykakes –all of which are available from Pennsylvania General Store. These are featured alongside acclaimed artisan chocolates and confections now being made by John & Kira, Éclat, and Neuchatel, and some of the historic state and city’s great chocolate makers, such as Wilbur, Whitman, Hershey, Goldenberg and others.
Some great Philly-centric gift suggestions for friends, family members, co-workers, or anyone who’s fond of the City of Brotherly Love can be found here: Philly Gifts
A wonderful new family gift this year is The Pennsylvania Breakfast Hamper
Award-winning artisan chocolates, made the old-fashioned way: http://www.pageneralstore.com/product/ChocolateCollectionArtisan
The Dreaming Tree Wines and Vikingfjord Vodka
It’s time to raise a glass to the holidays! Whether you’re a cocktail lover, prefer white wine or only drink reds, we’ve got you covered!
The Dreaming Tree Wines and Vikingfjord Vodka, which retail for under $15, are the perfect fit for a news item, entertaining, hostess, or holiday party story.
A signature cocktail is a must at any holiday get-together and we are excited to announce that Vikingfjord Vodka has partnered with master-mixologist, Meaghan Dorman of Raines Law Room, to create a series of festive Vikingfjord Vodka cocktail recipes. The best part? The cocktails are easy to recreate at home, making them your perfect go-to drink for the holidays.
Further, The Dreaming Tree Wines, a novel wine portfolio by award-winning winemaker Steve Reeder and world-renowned musician, Dave Matthews, offer a series of complex yet approachable and fun wines that are food friendly and available for all to enjoy. Added bonus? The wine bottles are eco friendly! Whether you are hosting or attending the main event, The Dreaming Tree Wines make for a splendid celebratory wine or hostess gift that will pair perfectly with your Holiday feast.
Sending a sweet treat to friends, loved ones, and colleagues is one of the best no-fail holiday gifts to give. But, the options for quality food-gifts are really lacking. Who knows how long that fruitcake has been sitting in the shipper’s warehouse or when that basket of cookies was baked!?
This year, it’s all about the artisan crafted food-gift where each and every order is individually handmade with love, care, and the best ingredients on the market. That’s the concept behind Miss NiNi’s Fine Desserts. Miss NiNi takes “homemade” and “gourmet” to the next level. The bakery handcrafts the most delectable cheesecakes and coffee cakes that are sure to bring a smile (and a stomach growl) to every recipient. You can taste the love and time put into each an every bite.
Miss NiNi’s Holiday Gift Menu:
• Cheesecakes: Miss NiNi offers something that no other bakery offers — the opportunity to enjoy 4 flavors in one cheesecake! Miss NiNi’s Create Your Own 4-in-1 Cheesecake allows the purchaser to select up to 4 sectioned-off flavors into one cheesecake… Because choosing just one is almost impossible. The perfect gift for holiday gatherings and office parties! Retail: $48
• Coffee Cake: Miss NiNi’s gourmet Streusel Walnut Sour Cream Coffee Cake is to die for. The comforting tastes of cinnamon and brown sugar mixed with the rich crunch of toasted English walnuts comes together perfectly in this uber-moist, yet crumbly coffee cake. Hand-swirled so each cake has it’s own unique design. The perfect gift for colleagues and friends! Retail: $25
Learn more at www.missnini.com; ships nationwide.
Gratitude Cookies by Zen Rabbit
Thinking specifically the Gold Seal box. They’re great for men or women and make excellent holiday hostess, teacher/coach appreciation and last minute friend gifts. We also work with a lot of business people who use them to show gratitude for clients, referral sources and associates.
See more details at www.ZenRabbit.com.