When you first get your CPAP machine, it can be overwhelming. Not only are you trying to learn to use the machine, you may also be dealing with some health problems associated with sleep apnea. Keeping your CPAP machine clean is important to your health for many reasons. Learning to clean your CPAP machine reduces allergy symptoms, mold exposure and bacteria exposure. In addition, when you keep your machine clean, it makes the air more pleasant to breathe. You keep the device working at peak performance, so you get the most benefits from your CPAP machine. Read about Airfit N30i reviews.
5 Cleaning Tips For Your CPAP Mask & Machine
Your manual has the instructions for your particular CPAP machine parts. You should go through your manual to understand your particular CPAP machine. Here are some things that you should remember, no matter what type of machine you have.
- When you’re sick, you may need to increase your cleaning schedule. The weekly cleaning may need to be moved up to every two to three days to prevent reinfection.
- Never use soaps with perfumes or harsh chemicals. You may think you’ve rinsed all the residue off your machine, but that’s not always the case. You can irritate your lungs and reduce the efficacy of the machine.
- If you perform regular cleaning as specified by the manufacturer, you don’t need a CPAP sanitizer machine. However, CPAP cleaners and sanitizers are convenient when you don’t have a lot of time.
- Give your equipment time to dry after cleaning. Extra moisture in your CPAP equipment can cause mildew or mold to grow, which isn’t healthy for you to breathe in.
- Use a lint-free towel to wipe down your equipment. You can find unscented lint-free C PAP mask wipes that work quite well and reduce the lint on your equipment.
If you have nasal congestion or feel as if your throat is irritated, you may not be cleaning your machine effectively. If a thorough cleaning doesn’t solve the problem, you should check with your equipment provider or sleep specialist. If the machine doesn’t feel as if it’s working right, have things checked out sooner rather than later. It’s okay to ask questions and get more information.
Confidence With A Germ Free CPAP Machine
Cleaning your machine gives you peace of mind while you sleep while you’re breathing in clean air. Using the right cleaning products ensures that you aren’t breathing in any toxins. This helps you get the most out of your sleep apnea treatment. You want to use a cleaning product that protects you from germs without damaging your machine. Cleaning your machine per the manufacturer’s instructions makes your machine last longer. If you don’t keep your machine clean, it could void the warranty.
If you’re struggling to adjust to your CPAP machine, you may want to find a different mask that fits your sleeping style. Get more resources about using your CPAP machine or traveling with your equipment by finding a good supplier.
Senior Outlook Today is your go-to source for information, inspiration, and connection as you navigate the later years of life. Our team of experts and writers is dedicated to providing relevant and engaging content for seniors, covering topics such as health and wellness, finances, technology and travel.