To date, lung cancer is one of the leading causes of cancer deaths among men. It is most dangerous at the advanced stages when it metastasizes to other organs. That is why it is so important to diagnose lung cancer at its early stages.
The treatment of stage 4 lung cancer in Germany has demonstrated high efficacy in recent years. Here, you can get treatment in the best hospitals in Germany at affordable prices. Moreover, experienced medical staff will take care of you throughout your therapies.
What causes cancer?
Today, scientists are actively studying the factors that increase the risks of oncology development. According to research, there are many factors that are connected with oncological risks. The most significant of them are:
- Alcohol consumption and smoking.
- Harmful environmental factors and working conditions.
- Inherited predisposition.
- Chronic inflammatory respiratory diseases.
- Exposure to radiation.
- Immune system disorders.
The main cause of lung cancer is the negative influence of carcinogens on the lungs. About 85% of all cases are associated with long-term exposure to carcinogens, which get into the body during smoking.
Symptoms of lung cancer
At its earliest stages, oncology may manifest itself with fatigue, general weakness, and reduced appetite. In addition, there are such symptoms as:
- Increased body temperature as a result of inflammatory processes in the lungs.
- A typical symptom of lung cancer is the prolonged cough and shortness of breath. At the early stages, the cough may be absent.
- Another important symptom of lung cancer is the presence of blood in the sputum, which indicates damage to the lung vessels.
- In addition, at the final stages of the disease, patients usually have severe chest pains that do not go away when taking painkillers.
Present-day German medicine
The high level of German health care is known all over the world. Germany occupies one of the leading positions by the number of foreign patients. It is not surprising, because this country has numerous benefits:
- The specialists of German hospitals combine practical activities with scientific research. That is why the most innovative and effective methods are used for treatment in Germany in comparison with other countries.
- Prolonged and intensive education of doctors in leading medical universities guarantees a high level of knowledge.
- In addition, all German clinics have the latest equipment, which makes the country the undisputed leader in the treatment of many types of oncology.
Before starting the treatment of the disease, German specialists perform a complete examination in order to confirm the diagnosis. To diagnose lung cancer, modern medicine uses such procedures as:
- Complete blood count, additional examination for tumor markers.
- Sputum examination.
- Magnetic resonance tomography.
- Computed tomography
- Bronchoscopy with biopsy.
Treatment of advanced lung cancer
To date, comprehensive treatment measures are taken to improve the overall condition of patients with lung cancer. The early start of supportive symptomatic therapy can improve the quality of life of the patient, thereby increasing life expectancy.
Different procedures are used for the treatment depending on the type of cancer – chemotherapy, targeted therapy, radiation therapy, and surgery. This helps to improve the overall condition of the patient, reducing the symptoms of the disease. Most often, radiotherapy is used at any stage of the disease to prevent the metastases from spreading and decrease the size of the tumor.
Treatment in Germany
If you need to undergo effective treatment of any type of oncology, the best choice is Germany. With the help of medical tourism operator Booking Health, you can find the best doctor for treatment, as well as choose the most modern clinic.
Booking Health specialists will arrange stage 4 lung cancer treatment in Germany at competitive prices. In addition, with the help of Booking Health specialists, you will get a huge number of benefits. More information about treatment, as well as the full list of services you can find on the company’s website.