Snow Joe, an industry leader in snow removal equipment, is helping home owners conquer the snow with the first single-stage snow blower to provide easy and convenient cord- and gas-free operation.
Snow Joe ION is:
- Convenient – With just a 3-hour charge time, it runs for 25-40 minutes – no cords, no gas – it’s always ready to go. Plus, its whisper-quiet design allows users to clear paths day or night.
- Powerful – Equipped with a 40-Volt EcoSharp™ Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery, the 2-blade auger clears an 18” wide path up to 8” deep.
- Eco-Friendly – Zero emissions, Energy Star-certified and no gas or oil needed.
Snow Joe CEO, Joseph Cohen, offers some snow removal tips below:
- Know your area’s average snowfall – Weather can always change, but it’s important to know approximately how much snow you get every year. The Snow Joe iON – the first single-stage snowblower on the market that is cordless and gas-free – can clear a path of snow up to eight inches deep, but we also offer other machines for different snowfall totals.
- Know your limits – Have a neighbor on call to help and always tell someone you are outside. Don’t push yourself in harsh conditions. Take your time to avoid serious injury.
- Assess your area and know your responsibilities – What paths will you need to clear? Do you have a large driveway and a lot of sidewalks that the city will expect you to clear? Are you dealing with any ice? Make sure you’re properly equipped. The Snow Joe iON is whisper-quiet and comes with an LED headlight to remove snow day or night for convenient snow removal on driveways, walkways and sidewalks. Snow Joe iON is lightweight enough to use on decks and patios, can be lifted and maneuvered easily.
- Think about all the different types of snow. Not all snow is created equal. Make sure you have several tools available to tackle different kinds of snow. When it comes to wet, saturated snow, be safe and use a snow blower to prevent injury. The new Snow Joe iON is easy to use, allowing for maximum convenience and minimum stress on your muscles. For light powder on porches and car windshields, try a snow broom that won’t scratch your surfaces. If removing a mixture of ice and snow, tackle the ice first. Invest in an eco-friendly ice melt that is safe for sidewalks and pets, or use Snow Joe’s 2-in-1 snow pusher and ice chopper to break up ice before tackling snow accumulation.
- Look for hidden snow hazards. Make sure vents are cleared of snow – especially appliance vents such as dryers – to eliminate fire hazards. Always be extra cautious when dealing with snow and ice on a roof.
- Be prepared. Snow accumulates quickly, so it’s important to prepare. Make sure you’re equipped with snow removal tools before snow hits to ensure you’re prepared and avoid the rush and depleted availability of tools. Keep your health and safety in mind if removing snow with a shovel. Consider an easy-to-use snowblower for heavy accumulation. Eliminate the need to stock the garage with gasoline, which can present a fire hazard. Snow Joe iON’s rechargeable 40-volt lithium-ion battery is quick and convenient, as well as Energy Star certified. If you plan to remove snow at night or in the morning, consider quieter options. The Snow Joe iON is approximately 10 times quieter than standard gas-powered models. Start tackling snow early when it’s still a powder. It’s better to clear snow as its falling than letting it accumulate and pack into your driveways and walkways.