Age does not diminish the wanderlust spirit or the thrill of a spontaneous trip inside those who love to travel.
While that adventure may not be skydiving in Hawaii or climbing Mt. Everest, there are other ways to spark that excitement. Discover some of the best adventures and trips available to senior citizens.
- Want to take the road less traveled? Eldertreks is a company that offers off the beaten path land and sea adventures for small groups, specifically catering to the 50 and over crowd. Whether you’re seeking a tour of the Chinese Silk Road or sailing in the Galapagos Islands, Eldertreks has a variety of adventures to choose from to fill any traveler’s needs.
- Want to get a little physical? ROW Adventures offers trips exclusively for people over 50 that include rafting, canoeing, and hiking. Travelers don’t need to be in the best physical shape of their lives, but they do need to bring a positive attitude. Canoeing the Lewis and Clark Trail or yachting throughout Croatia are some of the trips offered by ROW.
- Want to lend a helping a hand? There are various short-term volunteer vacations available all across the globe. Global Volunteers offers programs in the USA, Greece, Tanzania, India and Peru. More than 20% of their volunteers are over 70-years old, so there is no need to hesitate in making the decision.
- Want to relax? Set sail on a cruise to the destination of your choice. Luxurious spas, pools and fine dining await you. Cruises for Seniors can help navigate you through the process of choosing exactly the kind of cruise you want to embark on. Some cruises offer maximum opportunities to sit back and unwind while others provide various activities to keep you occupied throughout your voyage.
- Want to see the world? If you’re looking for an alternate method of travel or something that can accommodate large groups, chartering a bus is the answer. Whether you’re looking to explore Chicago, Yosemite National Park, or simply see one of the coasts, booking a charter bus tour is a great way for senior citizens to travel in groups. You don’t have to worry about driving, finding parking, or having a comfortable seat to travel in. Plus, you can make stops along the way at casinos, hotels, and notable restaurants.
With companies that cater specifically to the needs of senior citizens, there are no more excuses on why they can’t join in on the fun of a vacation. Whether they do it alone, with friends and families or a group of peers, traveling, experiencing different cultures and staying active keeps a person young.
Senior Outlook Today is your go-to source for information, inspiration, and connection as you navigate the later years of life. Our team of experts and writers is dedicated to providing relevant and engaging content for seniors, covering topics such as health and wellness, finances, technology and travel.