“There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of the people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.” —Sophia Loren
As per the latest stats by the World Health Organization, more than 125 million people in the world are above 60 years. And most of them are suffering from at least two or more health issues. On top of this, when the world is witnessing many global health pandemics, the world is getting a riskier place for the aged adults to live in.
Now talking about growing age, people tend to limit their diet and movement the most. That may sound like a legit point but when you wake up to the realities, you see how it ruins their health to the worst. For instance, there are many health issues where practitioners recommend not to travel. But when there are solutions, why stop yourself from exploring the unexplored?
Some common issues in senior citizens –
Before putting some light over the solution, let’s determine what health issues restrict a senior citizen the most.
- Arthritis – It causes acute pain in a specific body part, making it difficult for the individual to move or bear the pain. Two types of arthritis pain include – rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. Generally, arthritis pain in the growing age is a result of long-time injury or body part dysfunctioning. Arthritis grows with time and ends up severe pain.
- Kidney issues – From stone to kidney disease, there are many health issues associated with the human kidney. All of them end up restricting one’s movement by triggering sudden acute pain.
- Bowel disease – Those suffering from painful health conditions and issues like – cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, congenital disabilities in the intestine, incontinence, and diverticulitis often need an ostomy bag to carry everywhere. This hinders the traveling ease to the most.
- Anxiety – Stress, depression, anxiety, mood swings, and panic attacks are common neurological issues found in senior citizens. Practitioners recommend to avoid traveling, if the sufferer is going through any of these mental health problems.
Possible solutions to these health problems –
- Arthritis – Acute arthritis pain is unbearable. But this can be treated with essential oil massage, recommended diet, and medicines. If you continue to practice yoga or light exercises, you can effectively eliminate arthritis pain.
- Bowel disease – People suffering from inflammatory bowel disease tend to have frequent urination and stools issues. This can be managed with an ostomy bag. These bags can carry the waste and store it without letting you feel uncomfortable. The Byram Healthcare ostomy supplies experts recommend going for an ostomy bag based on the severity level. This treatment goes for several kidney issues as well.
- Anxiety – Mental health disorders can be healed and recovered with a psychological consultancy that shows impeccable results right from day 1. All you need is to follow the right diet, undergo therapy and you are done!
Growing age and health problems go hand-in-hand. It all depends on how you deal with your life and what sort of lifestyle you follow. To eliminate any bad impact on your health, make sure to stand up strong and maintain a healthy regime.