When you are fit, age is just a number for you. But, when you get ill, your age has a high impact on the recovery rate. Things won’t get the same and a number of other serious problems start trapping you. Sometimes, to boost a patient’s recovery rate medical practitioners also recommend offering medical marijuana. Even if the seniors skip prescription drugs or suffer from chronic pain, marijuana helps to give instant relief.
What are the most common conditions treated with marijuana?
Marijuana is recommended to treat elderly folks suffering from:
- Chronic Pain
- Severe Nausea
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Crohn’s Disease
What are the ways to give medical marijuana to seniors?
Medical marijuana for seniors can be given in a number of ways. Some of the common methods are vaporizing, eating an edible, using a topical treatment, just as a lotion, consuming cannabis oil in the form of food, taking pills or capsules made with cannabis compounds. Based on senior’s conditions, medical practitioners recommend the technique of intake of marijuana.
Why Marijuana is Suggested for Senior’s treatment?
It is unquestionable that marijuana provides significant benefits to seniors. Here we have top reasons to know why marijuana is recommended for seniors:
- Replacement for opioids: Most seniors intake oxycodone drugs for various reasons. But overdose of this prescription can put a negative effect on their health. Therefore problems like Constipation, Nausea, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Itching, Sweating, Weakened immune system is very common in old aged folks. Marijuana intake acts as a great remedy to get relief from these troubles.
- Less-harmful side effects: Medical marijuana has a less lasting impact on the user’s life. Most importantly, these can be changed by adjusting the dosage amount.
- Deals with specific senior’s conditions: marijuana helps to deal with specific conditions which are associated with sensors such as chronic pain, arthritis, and glaucoma. Medical marijuana helps to provide immediate relief.
- Easy-to-adjust Doses: Medical prescription marijuana is easy to digest, but even if it does not suit a particular patient’s condition, doctors recommend changing the dosage.
- Various intake options: There are several ways to intake marijuana. You can choose either of the alternatives from the vape, use capsules or even consume edibles to keep the patient’s conditions betters.
- Cost-effective solution: if you do not have a medical insurance policy, there are many stores that offer marijuana medicine at reasonable prices. For example, if you are living in New York you need to fulfill card terms in accordance with new york medical marijuana conditions to buy medicines at affordable prices.
- A huge variety of deliverable options: There is a great variety of receiving marijuana medicines. Some of the common situations are medical ailments and physical incapacities.
- Marijuana treats you like a person, not a patient: as the age increases some seniors behave like children and throw tantrums for the intake of medicines. Therefore, marijuana’s various formations help the doctors and attendants to make elder people comfortable with the way they want to intake medicine.
Marijuana in medicines is considered an effective way to treat seniors. Therefore, in the USA 29 out of 50 states legalized marijuana in the medical form and seen impressive results in curing various illnesses.