From school sport and playground injuries to kids’ and caregivers’ anxiety, homeopathic medicine offers safer, low-cost solutions. The active ingredients in homeopathic medicines are diluted plants, animals and minerals that relieve the same symptoms they cause at full strength (i.e. a micro-dose of a coffee bean helps nervousness). Because the active ingredients are highly diluted, they don’t interact with other medications, herbs, etc., which is beneficial to seniors. These non-prescription medicines work naturally with the body and to rebalance it instead of numb symptoms, which is beneficial when dealing with a sports injury in case there’s a more serious condition than suspected.
One in three moms says back-to-school season rivals the holidays as the most stressful time of the year, (a statistic borrowed from a press release from The Epsom Salt Council who commissioned a study, Aug. 2011). Here are some $7 solutions (for roughly 18 doses) easily found in health food stores including Whole Foods Market and The Vitamin Shoppe.
– Coffea cruda (Latin for green coffee) relieves sleeplessness due to mental hyperactivity. Try it when lying awake at night thinking about the next day’s schedule?
– Ignatia amara (Latin for the St. Ignatius bean) relieves nervousness and hypersensitivity due to everyday stress. Try it when you’re anxious about your tasks for the school fundraiser or feeling guilty if you can’t find the time to be involved. Or for children nervous about a new school or the first day of school or a big test.
BUMPS & BRUISES FROM SCHOOL SPORTS/PLAYGROUNDS
Great for seniors and kids alike, Arnicare treats muscle pain, stiffness, swelling from injuries and bruises in daily life more, and it won’t interact with blood thinners. Arnicare’s active ingredient is Arnica montana (which is Latin for the Mountain daisy). As a homeopathic medicine, Arnicare works differently. Instead of masking problems, it works naturally with the body to relieve sore muscle so the kids can get back to playing. It is unscented, non-greasy and absorbs right away, so it’s convenient and easy to use anywhere on your body. Considered an over-the-counter drug (not a prescription item), the gel can easily now be found everywhere from Whole Foods to CVS. Average retail price for a 2.6 oz. tube of gel is $9.99. Visit www.Arnicare.com for a $1 coupon or to find the nearest store that carries Arnicare Gel.
Vamousse is essential for back-to-school. The “superlice” epidemic continues to spread as lice are becoming increasingly resistant to pesticide-based treatments. Vamousse is an all-natural, pesticide-free, 100% safe and proven effective solution that is giving parents some much-needed peace of mind.
The new great tasting Celsius Cola flavor has no sugar, no high fructose corn syrup, no preservatives, no artificial colors and flavors or aspartame and is also low in sodium. The clinically proven formula provides healthy energy and is clinical proven to help burn 100 calories and more per serving, boost metabolism, reduce body fat and increase endurance. The Cola flavored negative calorie beverage is available in Winn Dixie, Vitamin Shoppe, Ralph’s, Meijer, convenience retailers around the country as well as Amazon.com with a suggested retail price of $19.00 for a 12-pack.
Power on (and light up) while Rocking Out: There’s nothing better than listening to a heart-pumping beat at full volume as you crank out your last few reps or miles – but when you workout at night, staying visible can be difficult! 4id’s new Power Budz are created for optimal sound and light up using LED lights to keep night-running a safe adventure and come with 3 settings: pulse, flash, and off. The LED lights built into the earbuds will be sure to get you noticed while you jam out and clock in miles. ($14.95 at 4id.com)
PowerSpurz from 4id
This lightweight heel spur is powered by high intensity LED lights and attaches easily to any shoe size, ensuring the wearer both safety and visibility during their outdoor training. With guaranteed 100 hours burn time and a durable, weatherproof outer frame, the PowerSpurz are an ideal training accessory during even the most extreme conditions. ($19.99 at 4id.com)
There is more to our “Daffodil Dreams” medical ID than meets the eye. This piece can be worn as a wrap bracelet or as an elegant necklace in Hope Paige’s first ever two-in one combination. With deep yellow beading offset by pearl white and silver tone accents this item is sure to help heat up your summer look! ($24.95 at HopePaige.com)
The award-winning Tacky Box Set is a hands-on educational tool that teaches children to choose kindness over tacky language and behavior. The 3-piece set includes the 32-page beautifully illustrated book and recipient of the 2014 Silver Nautilus Award, directions for use from the author, a special notepad for writing down tacky words and actions, and an authentic wooden Tacky Box to put them in to remove them from the mind and heart.
Sunscreen should be an essential component on every back-to-school list. You may be thinking, “sunscreen on back-to-school lists? But, it’s important to note the following:
· A significant portion of one’s exposure to the sun occurs during childhood
· Only two state policies exist that allow for sunscreen use during the school day
· Melanoma rates are rising among U.S. children, according to study findings
To bring awareness to this issue, Coppertone kicked off the 2nd year of the Making the Sunscreen Gradeprogram, which empowers parents, teachers and camp counselors to set strong examples for children and help make sun protection a priority during the school day. You can view more program information on this website.
Additionally, sunscreen itself should definitely be on every back-to-school list:
· Coppertone Sport AccuSpray was developed to solve a common frustration – the cloud of spray people experience when using a spray sunscreen. The product has a new patented technology that creates a more targeted spray for less mess and waste.
· Coppertone ClearlySheer, which comes in two lines – Sunny Days and Beach & Pool – was created to provide women with a sunscreen that’s just for them. The brand new formulas are both incredibly lightweight and sheer and won’t clog pores and cause breakouts. Sunny Days in particular, is a perfect, go-to facial sunscreen for high school/college students. It’s portable and can be thrown right into your makeup bag. The product is perfect under makeup while still providing that broad spectrum protection. It doesn’t smell like traditional sunscreen either – the hydrating formula has a fresh, clean citrus scent that won’t leaving you smelling like the beach.
LiceLogic from Logic Product Group (https://www.logicproductgroup.com/)
LICE PRODUCTS: LiceLogic – Natural, Effective and Safe Lice Prevention & Lice Elimination Products For Your Family. Pricing from $17 – $113 (available in sprays, shampoos, conditioners, kits).
LiceLogic Repel Conditioning Hair Spray – Lavender ($18)
Lavender Scented Natural Lice Hair Spray
LiceLogic Repel Conditioning Hair Spray for lice is independently tested, and shown to be extremely effective at repelling head lice. LiceLogic Repel Conditioning Hair Spray is natural, pesticide free, non-toxic and will help leave hair soft, manageable, freshly scented and lice free with each use. The lice repelling Hair Spray provides an outstanding defense against headlice as part of LiceLogic’s Triple Shield Effect regimen. It does not contain pesticides, parabens, DEA, PEG, sulfates, SLS, artificial colors or fragrances.
WHERE TO BUY: https://www.logicproductgroup.com/licelogic